£50,000 - £55,000 (Permanent)
We are partnering with a leading main contractor specialising in large-scale construction projects. Our client has a strong reputation for delivering high-quality projects across various sectors. They are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Construction Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Glasgow.
As a Construction Quantity Surveyor, you will play a pivotal role in managing and controlling the costs of construction projects from inception to completion. Your primary responsibilities will include accurately estimating project costs, preparing tender documents, assessing subcontractor quotations, managing financial accounts, and ensuring projects are delivered within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare and maintain accurate cost estimates, budgets, and financial forecasts for construction projects.
- Collaborate with project teams to review and analyse costs, identifying areas for potential savings or cost overruns.
- Monitor and control project expenditure, ensuring adherence to approved budgets and cost plans.
- Prepare and submit progress claims, variations, and final accounts, ensuring proper valuation and settlement.
2.Tendering and Procurement:
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents, bills of quantities, and cost estimates for new projects.
- Evaluate subcontractor quotations, analysing and negotiating terms and conditions to secure favourable pricing and contractual agreements.
- Prepare subcontractor orders and manage subcontractor accounts, including interim payments and variations.
- Review and interpret contract documents, identifying and managing contractual risks and obligations.
- Monitor and assess contract compliance, ensuring adherence to specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and resolve commercial disputes or claims, liaising with project teams, clients, and subcontractors as necessary.
4.Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on project costs, cash flows, and financial performance.
- Maintain comprehensive project records, including documentation of cost variations, claims, and correspondence.
- Conduct regular cost reviews and value engineering exercises to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Collaborate closely with project teams, including architects, engineers, and construction managers, to ensure effective cost control and project delivery.
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers, maintaining positive working relationships and addressing any commercial issues that arise.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to project stakeholders on cost-related matters.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor within a main contracting environment, with exposure to large-scale new build construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, cost control, and procurement processes.
- Proficient in estimating software and tools, with excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with various stakeholders.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional accreditation such as RICS or CIOB is advantageous but not essential.
If you are a dynamic and motivated Quantity Surveyor with proven main contracting experience and a track record of success in delivering large new build construction projects, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.