Senior Quantity Surveyor
£60,000 - £65,000 (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting client is a multi award-winning house builder who, due to steady growth, are looking to expand their Commercial division with the appointment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor. This role is a vital part of the business in Scotland and will require the successful candidate to oversee a number of concurrently running projects to ensure an accurate and timely delivery of work.
The projects you will be assisting in delivering are large scale private residential builds and flatted developments.
Being an integral part of the commercial team and reporting into the Commercial Director, our client is looking for a candidate who has demonstrable experience in a similar role within residential house building or main contracting who can comfortably work on their own initiative and collaborate well with the wider commercial function.
Responsibility of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Feasibility studies
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets
- Procurement of sub-contractors and allocating upcoming work whilst improving existing relationships
- Identify, control and report on project costs
- Prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating
Requirements of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Experience in working within a similar role preferably with new build project exposure
- Ability to use initiative and resolve problems
- Effective time management capabilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge of building and health & safety legislation