£33,000 - £40,000 per annum (Permanent)
City Of Manchester, Manchester
Conrad Consulting are recruiting for an experienced Urban Designer to join a busy Manchester city-centre Architectural practice on either a full-time or permanent basis.
This job will see the successful candidate working closely alongside an experienced and accomplished Architectural team with excellent support networks locally in Manchester and cross-regionally in other offices throughout the country. The Manchester studio is home to around 10-12 Architectural professionals of varying experience levels. It's conceivable that within a short space of time, your role as Urban Designer would quickly grow into a Senior role, where your expertise are used as part of the further development of the office profile.
It's likely the Urban Designer role will see you working on a mixture of Residential-type schemes. This could include masterplanning or numerous high-rise developments. As an Urban Designer, your role will encompass several of the following duties:
* Analysing land usages and building types. Making recommendations for the future development of sites.
* Creating detailed drawings using graphic and artistic skills.
* Developing & maintaining client relationships. This may include Planners, Architects and members of the local community.
* Preparing drawings for coordination purposed. This may be collaborative with external consultants.
* To develop a project brief from continued research.
* Really understanding the needs of your end-user clients: the people that will actually be using the spaces and buildings.
* Working with planning and local authorities to ensure policies and guidance are adhered to.
Applicants for this role should be able to display [most of] the following criteria:
* Degree Qualification in Architecture. ARB/RIBA Qualification highly advantageous.
* Minimum 3 years practical experience.
* Postgraduate degree in Urban Design. Recognised accreditation from the RTPI or similar body.
* Knowledge and in-depth understanding of UK planning policies.
* CAD Skills - REVIT would be beneficial.
* InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator experience preferred also.
This reputable company can offer a generous salary alongside various employee benefits.
Please get in touch with Will @ Conrad Consulting using the contact details provided. Full information on the company/role/location will be disclosed immediately.