Principal Consultant (Cladding Expertise)
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum (Permanent)
Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
Principal Consultant - Fire Safety - Global Consultancy - Up to £60,000 per annum
Join an internationally acclaimed consultancy who operate world class fire research facilities from their offices in Watford. They are looking for a Principal Consultant to become part of the team who are coordinating the examination of external facades.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are RIBA qualified and have come from a background in Architecture.
The successful candidate will have worked on projects with external facades and have a good working knowledge of various external materials in addition to UK fire and safety building regulations.
In your role as Principal Consultant your responsibilities will include:
* Visiting client sites and conducting investigative actions into the building materials being used
* Writing technical and detailed reports from which conclusions be drawn
* Ability to work as a team but autonomously
* Liaising with clients effectively and building relationships to ensure smooth working environments for all parties involved
* Lead in the design and management of complex projects
* Providing contractual and commercial knowledge and input
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience
* Professional member of RIBA or equivalent body
* Extensive experience working with façade detailing
* Experience visiting sites and an understanding the Health and Safety regulations when visiting
* Good working knowledge of building regulations under the British Standards
* Confident individual who is personable and can communicate effectively both verbally and written
* Up to 60,000 base salary
* Perk Box - Discounts in restaurants, shopping, leisure attractions, cinemas etc
* Pension Scheme - Starting at 5% matched contributions
* Flexible working approach
* Free on-site parking
If you would like to find out more about this position, then please get in touch with Matthew Gilchrist.