£48,000 - £55,000 per annum (Permanent)
After a fantastic return to work post lockdown, our client is now in the market for an experienced Site Manager for several new developments planned for Edinburgh and the surrounding Lothians. These developments will be both private and social so someone with experience of either or both of these project types is what they are looking for.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of a large, new build residential developments that consist of a mixture of 4 storey flatted developments and 2-4 bedroom properties.
You will be expected to professionally and efficiently monitor all daily operational activity onsite and ensure that developments are running to programme. If problems do arise, you will use your technical expertise to establish meaningful workarounds whilst ensuring financial targets/margins are unaffected.
It is essential to have excellent commercial awareness and understand how to manage cost, budgets and valuations, all the while understanding and adhering to contractual requirements.
You will also be accountable for the following:
* Ensure work is progressed in line with pre-agreed financial and operational targets
* Effectively manage all Health & Safety on site and ensure regular audits take place
* Assist with the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors
* Ensure direct staff and sub-contractors are working cohesively and in accordance with procedure
* Accurate recording and completion of all necessary site paperwork and make sure records are kept up to date
* Successful delivering and handover of development to a high quality of finish
My client is looking for someone with proven delivery experience as a Site Manager and it is essential that, although experienced, you will still show a willingness to learn and professionally develop.
You will also have the following
* Excellent technical knowledge of housing developments (private and/or social)
* Ability to effectively manage a multi trade workforce
* Can manage costs against budget
* Proven ability of making sure projects are resourced adequately (labour, plant, and materials)