Principal Designer / CDM Consultant
£46,000 - £56,000 per annum + Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting are currently working with a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Designer / CDM Consultant to join their successful team based on outskirts of South London.
This opportunity will cover projects at two of my clients office locations which include their South London and Hampshire offices. Candidates who are happy to split their work base across these offices are being considered.
This exciting position will see you working across a variety of busy and challenging projects across a variety of sectors including residential, mixed use, commercial and education.
They have a strong project portfolio and future pipeline which will result in the successful candidate getting detailed exposure to a highly diverse range of projects as well as having the chance to work with a market-leading and innovative business who has a strong track record of developing and retaining their staff.
This opportunity would be suited to an experienced Principal Designer / CDM Consultant with at least five year's + experience, who is looking to continue developing their existing skills in this busy hands-on opportunity.
* You will keep up to date with all related CDM / Health and Safety matters relevant to the success of individual projects and the wider businesses interests
* Attend all design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections as required
* Preparation of pre-construction packs and all documentation as needed
* Work collaboratively with colleagues, keeping them informed of any current or potential issues relating to projects
* Liaise, communicate with a selection of clients, designers, contractors and senior management to offer advice and guidance on relevant CDM/Health and Safety issues
* Assist in the preparation of health and safety /CDM documentation for contractors and other members of the team
* Manage all allocated projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and timetables
* Submit and monitor all invoices on projects under your responsibility
* Mentor and assist junior members of the team
The successful candidate will ideally have:
* Minimum of 5 year's + experience gained working in a Principal Designer position within the construction industry
* Recent relevant experience of CDM / Health and safety issues
* Relevant educational qualifications ie:(BSc, MSc, HNC, HND or similar) in a construction related field
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent and good understanding of appropriate legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to join an attractive business and an exciting time, in return you will receive a competitive salary and good benefits package.
For more information or to apply, please send an up to date CV to Stuart at Conrad Consulting