Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Nuclear)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum (Permanent)
Our client, a global engineering consultancy currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join the dynamic and specialist team at Faslane Port, Clyde on a full time permanent basis.
This company serves the UK nuclear industry and they pride themselves on offering experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
This role is required to fill an Embedded Support position within the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO), to support their delivery of the Faslane Nuclear Infrastructure Capacity/Capability (FNICAP) investment programme and Design Authority.
* Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on the full lifecycle of projects,
* Consider, act upon and record health, safety and environment issues at all stages of the design process,
* Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects,
* Preparation of Calculations, material Specifications, scopes of work, technical reports & Inter discipline design coordination,
* Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects,
* Provide technical support to other members of the team,
* Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
* A degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer,
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE,
* Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork,
* It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading,
* Knowledge and experience of Marine Structures would also be advantageous,
* Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards,
* Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards,
The successful candidate must already hold the appropriate security clearance level for this role i.e. SC.
In this role you will be involved in the entire project lifecycle from initial concept design to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and is what makes the projects and work within this role so rewarding.
For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.