£45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Good Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad are pleased to be working with a leading main contractor who are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work on new build residential projects. The office is based on the outskirts of Reigate but site visits to a selection of sites across the West Sussex and Surrey areas will be required.
The Successful candidates will have previous proven Surveying experience gained from working in the new build residential sector.
* Prepare tender and contract documents during the procurement process.
* Ensure a Subcontractor Register is maintained for each site within their team, co-ordinate enquiry selections in conjunction with the Construction Manager and Project/Site Manager, and ensure quotations received are fully analysed such that a detailed comparison of the quotations can be prepared. In compiling such comparisons, resolve all queries with the subcontractors to enable an accurate recommendation to be made to the Building Manager
* Chair pre-order meetings, record minutes and follows up any action points. Ensure Pre-Order Questionnaire is received back fully complete before holding pre-order meeting; discuss all concerns with the Construction Manager
* Ensure formal orders are placed with the successful subcontractor no later than commencement of their works, and that all unsuccessful subcontractors are notified either verbally or in writing
* Agree and input the final agreed version of allowances before site commencement
* Produce or oversee the building estimate for each site within 12 weeks of site commencement for approval. Ensure all costs known at the time of preparing the estimate are included either as actual amounts or provisions, including current sales values, advise whenever estimated costs are used. Present final draft to Building Director with analysis to previous estimates
* Analyse, amend as necessary and input data in the costing system to compile a monthly build cost review. Understand and fully explain all automatically generated variances and update provisions to accommodate variations/changes such that an accurate final cost forecast is prepared. Compile written report every month, together with cost to complete, be aware of any significant movements within any of their team's assigned sites
This is a permanent position and a great chance to join an established business who have a good benefits package
For more information on this exciting opportunity please send an up to date CV to Stuart at Conrad