Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum (Permanent)
About the Company
This is a great opportunity to work for one of Europe's busiest transport hubs. A large, award winning business in Dover.
About the Role
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager and Quantity Surveyors in carrying out any quantity surveying duties:
* Assisting in agreeing with contracting partners 'agreed maximum prices'
* Valuing variations
* Processing valuation payments and agreeing final accounts to ensure successful delivery of repairs and maintenance and planned works programmes in close liaison with the Project Manager, PMO team and Engineering team
* Assisting in the preparation of estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for new construction, improvements and maintenance work
* Assisting in carrying out construction valuations and certification duties for responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance works
* Assisting with 'Open Book' accounting on construction projects and with interim and final accounts with contractors, suppliers and consultants including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts
* Undertaking of financial checks and maintain financial controls and monitor costs of schemes against budget
* Carrying out of financial checks on completed Repairs and Maintenance job cards as required, and check compliance with the organisation's policies and procedures
* To carry out regular reviews of all schedules of rates to ensure their continued relevance and produce trend information on usage of rates
* Assisting with the analysis of the performance of suppliers and contractors during the contract stage and following contract completion. Check compliance with contract terms and conditions and legal and regulatory requirements
* Assisting with the support of the performance management framework and monitor the status of relevant performance measures in relation to financial management.
To be considered for this role:
* You will hold a relevant Quantity Surveying qualification
* Minimum of 1 year quantity surveying experience or closely related discipline
* Experience of working within a project management environment
* An understanding of the NEC 3 form of Contract
* An appreciation of the options that may be used in Commercial management of Contracts
* Good IT skills and strong ability with all Microsoft packages
APPLY NOW or Call Dominique Wilson on 01728 726139 for more information.