Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting is delighted to be working closely with a renowned contractor who are looking to grow their team with the acquisition of an experienced Surveyor/Estimator to join them in Glasgow.
Our client is looking for a proven self-starter who can work to often tight deadlines, with a large degree of autonomy and has a sound understanding of the estimating process.
Our client has delivered a wealth of projects across varying sectors including groundworks, concrete works, water & waste, infrastructure and civils.
With more projects planned for 2019 and beyond, they have a number of tenders currently in progress and due to commence so are looking for an experienced head to come in and assist with the collation and successful submission of these.
Day to Day
* Preparation and negotiation of tenders
* Complete detailed site inspections and ensure a detailed report is collated
* Pulling together Bills of Quantities and tender sum analysis
* Assist colleagues with the submission of tender proposals
* Preparing take offs and measuring quantities
* Using technical drawings to take measurements
* Managing sub-contractor and supplier quotations
* Collating tender reports
* Smooth handover to construction team when projects commence
It is imperative that the successful candidate has at least 3 years' experience within a similar position and will come from a main contractor background and will be educated to degree level. Ideally you will have had exposure to the estimating software Conquest and worked on/successfully delivered civil engineering projects.
In the first instance, please call me for a confidential discussion about this role and to go over your experience in more detail.