£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading well established construction business based on the outskirts of Chelmsford.
This established company has gone from strength to strength since being founded and due to their continued success they are now seeking to employ a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
The Successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Groundworks and or Civil Engineering projects. The applicant will be working on projects such as housing developments (commercial & retail) that consists of strip foundations, ground beams, deep drainage, infrastructure, concreting, cut & fill and externals.
* Liaise with customer and project managers.
* Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and sub-contractors.
* Measure, price, negotiate and agree budget costs.
* Submit monthly valuations and final accounts.
* Check project costings are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary.
* Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions.
* Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendation for placement orders.
* Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plan.
* Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place.
* Carry out cost management including forecasting.
* Ideally candidates will hold relevant qualifications such as a degree, HNC or Similar
* Demonstrate depth of experience in commercial role within construction.
* Can work well both in a team and individually.
* Have effective communication skills.
* Have good IT skills (including proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word)
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact Stuart at Conrad Consulting with an up to date CV.