£40,000.00 - £47,000 per annum (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting is currently working with a blossoming national civil engineering contractor who are looking for an experienced surveyor/estimator to join their team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Our client opened a Scottish regional office in 2018 and have since then secured a number of high value contracts and clients. They currently have an order book of over £2m secured for the rest of the year with more to follow that will see them deliver over £3m worth of projects in 2019. They are now looking to build on this success and grow their team with the recruitment of a vibrant and hardworking individual who can help continue to drive the business forward and contribute to securing new business.
We are looking for someone who is eager to be a part of the success that has already been attained since formalising operations in Scotland and become a vital member of the team working with a high level of autonomy and reporting to and working closely with the regional director.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Preparation of tenders for new business projects up to £300k
* Undertake site visits to accurately cost all works involved
* Preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
* Closing final accounts with clients and sub-contractors
* Analysing completed work and arranging payment to contractors
* Research costs of plant, material and labour
* Interact with clients ensuring they are kept well informed throughout the duration of the project
* Track project progress and costs and report any variations against budget
* Build and maintain successful relationships with clients, supply chain and sub-contractor
* Follow up on new business leads and enquiries to secure future work
In addition to the above, my client is looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Experience of estimating/surveying civils or surfacing projects
* Has background of managing supply chain and sub-contractor relationships
* Experience of business development and generating new leads
* Preferably from a commercial background
If you meet all the aforementioned criteria then apply now or get in touch with me direct to discuss further.