£39,000 - £44,000 per annum (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting is looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our residential house building client in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Being an integral part of the commercial team and reporting into a Senior QS and the Commercial Manager, our client is looking for a candidate who has demonstrable experience in a similar role within residential house building (commercial build background would also be considered) and who can comfortably work on their own initiative and collaborate well with the wider project team.
Our client is based in a prime location in Edinburgh with excellent transport links connecting them with the city centre and wider Central/East Scotland, and with a host of projects to deliver in the coming years, this is a great chance to join them and contribute to some of Scotland's most exciting new build developments.
What's expected of you?
* Assist in the preparation and submission of tenders
* Allocating upcoming work to contractors whilst improving existing relationships
* Identify, control and report on project costs
* Prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades
* Report on savings and excesses against budget costs
* Report on any business development opportunities
You must also hold a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying and ideally have an understanding of building health & safety legislation.
So if you're currently considering a move or actively looking then get in touch with me now and we can have a confidential conversation and discuss this role in more detail.