Project Architect - Client Side - 12month FTC
£45,000.00 - £50,000.00 per annum (Contract)
Excellent client side opportunity for an experienced Project Architect to join their London based Property development team and be responsible for contributing towards the Architectural Design and project delivery of new and existing gymnasiums for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Our client is Britain's largest gym chains by membership with over a million people registered to their multiple UK sites. As the UK's leading gym chain, they have ambitious growth plans that encompass opening gyms for new members in locations across the UK. This means working in a diverse range of properties and taking on the challenge of creating and maintaining gyms that deliver their low cost, high quality fitness experience. Consequently they now require an experienced Project Architect to be fully accountable for the architectural design of all allocated property development projects, covering either, or both, new and existing sites. In addition, to contribute to the wider Development team in developing a culture of best practice and continuous improvement.
The Project Architect job details
* Assessing the high-level feasibility of potential new sites prior to acquisition.
* Providing the appropriate technical evaluation of each site and corresponding architectural and design requirements.
* Ensuring the approved design adheres to the format requirements and standards.
* Providing specialist technical input regarding building control, fire regulations, technical standards etc. into the design of each site.
* Providing all the necessary inputs to support the acquisition of all required approvals and consents.
* Providing appropriate decision making at key stages in the property development process using governance forums where required.
* Input into the continuous improvement of gym formats and standards.
* Providing recognition, support and encouragement to your peers to ensure all team objectives are met.
* Ensuring personal development plans are in place.
* Positively representing the Development function internally and being an ambassador for the business brand externally.
* Being recognized as someone who makes a significant contribution across the Development function.
* Qualified Architect with industry recognised certification and credentials.
* Educated to degree level and can demonstrate a track record of continual professional and personal development.
* Experience of delivering multi-site property developments consistently and at scale.
* Ideally has experience working in or with large scale organisations in customer facing industries such as leisure, retail, hospitality and retail banking.
* A highly capable operator who can successfully resolve difficult situations and make critical decisions under pressure.
* Proactive, accountable, hands on, adaptable and able to react quickly to a fast moving, ever-changing environment.
* An excellent communicator, with the ability to simply convey complex messages and influence at a senior level.
* Commercially astute, able to evaluate investment decisions considering member brand expectations balanced with the required levels of return.
* Member focused, always striving to improve the experience for all members through own area or working across the business.
* Process orientated, with the ability to identify and remove waste through applying lean thinking.
* Able to work cross-functionally, to bring together all parts of the business to deliver the right outcome for members.
* Ideally has a passion for, or an interest in, fitness and leisure.
* Able to travel as required.
This role will work from a combination of the office based in London and home circa 1-3 days per week (depending on business need) as well as visiting sites as per project requirements.
The salary on offer is up to £50,000 per annum for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract plus an extensive benefits package to be disclosed on application.
Interested parties please hit apply or contact Kirsty Anderson for further details on 0203 854 2964.