Architect - D&B Contractor
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting have partnered with a Design & Build Contractor in Leeds who are looking for a talented job running Architect to join their thriving business.
Our client are specialists at creating the very best commercial office spaces and building the best residential apartments for their clients, they provide a unique end-to-end solution by combining a talented in-house multi-disciplinary consultancy with skilled builders and trades personnel, all under one roof, operating as a team. Within the in-house consultancy team sits a design division which has grown considerably in recent years, reporting to the head of Architecture you will be responsible for the following -
* Take and formulate Client briefs.
* Assess the needs of the building and its users, advising the client on the practicality of their project.
* Prepare and present design proposals at all design stages.
* Co-ordinate presentations, including layouts, visuals and mood boards, for design presentations.
* Prepare information packages for successful planning and building control applications.
* Produce detailed working drawings and specifications for tender, contract and construction stages.
* Consult with other professionals to coordinate design ideas.
* Work with associated Directors, QS's and team to develop the design in accordance with the budgets after award of contract, develop the detailed design needed for procurement and tendering.
* Discuss ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a projects.
* To successfully manage workloads efficiently and effectively to meet project deadlines.
Competencies of the Architect
* Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
* Must commit to objectives and rise to the challenge they present, demonstrating a 'can do' attitude.
* Must be committed to work to company values particularly relating to levels of integrity. Professionalism and teamwork.
* Must demonstrate empathy with colleagues and external customers, with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels both within the organisation and externally.
* Must demonstrate flexibility in terms of being willing to carry out a wide variety of tasks and activities as required, according to the changing requirements of the business.
* Must keep within financial budgets and deadlines.
* Must have ability to use IT software to communicate design and construction intent.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Revit, Autocad, PowerPoint, MS Office, operating CAD system to enable the production of drawings and presentations from inception to completion.
* Good knowledge of building types, materials and construction methods.
* Good knowledge of general planning and building regulations requirements.
* Ability to manage own work load to meet agreed deadlines and targets.
* Ability to multitask within a team environment.
* Ability to deliver a design project from start to finish.
* Ability to negotiate with contractors and other professionals.
* Ability to manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors.
* Ability to carry out regular site visits to check on progress to assess project programme and budget.
* Ability to resolve problems and issues that arise during construction.
* RIBA Part 3 qualified and ARB registered Architect.
Essential Selection Criteria
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to take responsibility and be accountable for one's own actions.
* Excellent role modelling for those junior team members.
* 5+ years of experience in design and construction.
The successful Architect will receive a salary in the region of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus profit related bonus.
Please hit apply and follow the application instructions, or if you would like further information please speak to James Jackson on 0113 4166280