Resedential Land Promoter
Great Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad is pleased to be supporting a leading construction company based on the outskirts of Reigate.
Due to their continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Strategic Land Promoter to join their established team on a permanent basis based in their Surrey office.
Successful candidate will predominantly be responsible for promoting sites in the Strategic Land Portfolio with a view to obtaining allocations and planning consent but will also be involved with the identifying and securing of new strategic land opportunities for the wider business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in residential land promotion and planning applications, excellent attention to detail and strong commercial awareness.
* Promote and support sites through the Local Plan process and when appropriate the preparation and pursuit of a suitable planning applications
* You will formulate a promotion strategy for the specific site taking into account the key planning constraints such as physical, ecological, technical, legal and commercial constraints affecting each site
* Where necessary you will manage or oversee the appointment and management of an appropriate consultant team to assist in site promotion and to ensure that agreed site strategies and cost estimates are always adhered to
* Regularly provide landowners of the contracted sites with updates
* Engage in public engagement exercises as necessary and appropriate for the promotion of the specific site
* Drafting and negotiation of heads of terms and managing due diligence process from agreement of heads of terms to exchange of contracts in accordance with the Land Procedures for strategic land
* You will carry out periodic viability assessments of all contracted sites and sites and formulate solutions to any problems arising
* Be confident in negotiating S106 agreements (including instruction of Legal) as necessary
* Identify suitable strategic opportunities for the business to promote through developing and maintaining an ongoing programme to generate and maintain contacts with Land Agents
* You will prepare planning appraisals for strategic sites as required
* Preparing and assisting in the preparation of offers as required by the Land & Business Development Director
* You will Assist in carrying out due diligence in respect of strategic sites prior to contract.
* Maintain a schedule for each strategic site showing costs incurred and projected future fees for the promotion of the site through the planning system
* Attend weekly land department meetings
Knowledge & Experience Required
* Degree or Masters in Town Planning or Property Development
* Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI) or on the way to achieving this.
* A minimum of 2 years + Strategic Residential Land promotion experience working for a developer, consultancy or in a local authority.
* Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The successful candidate will ideally have previous knowledge of aspects of the housebuilding industry including design, technical matters, land law and contracts, services, finance and sales.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing and established business with fantastic reputation who in return offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more on this exciting position please send a CV through to Stuart at Conrad Consulting