Principal Geotechnical Engineer
£60,000 - £65,000 (Permanent)
Newcastle upon Tyne, North East
Job Title – Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Location – Newcastle
Salary – £60,000-£65,000
My client is seeking to hire a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to help manage a developing geotechnical and environmental team made up of engineering geologists and environmental and geotechnical engineers in Newcastle.
High project management expertise, the capacity to manage technically complex project teams, high technical aptitude, and a keen sense of customer service are essential for the chosen applicant. Furthermore, the ideal applicant would have expertise working in a variety of industries, such as infrastructure, industry, residential, commercial, and leisure developments, and would have been able to offer clients reliable, sound, and affordable solutions at all times.
- Although not necessary, a solid academic background with a BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering, Geology, or a Meng or MSc in a related field is preferred.
- Currently holding a chartering licence or pursuing one.
- Proficiency with ground investigation, sampling, and laboratory analysis methodologies as well as experience conducting, scoping, and analysing intrusive ground investigations and preliminary risk assessments.
- Strong technical and leadership abilities, as well as the capacity to help others grow by mentoring, coaching, and training them, all of which contribute to the strength-building of the design team.
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil, transport, planning and landscape architecture capabilities in the wider firm.
- A thorough understanding of the assessment and detailed design of slope stability, foundations, earthworks specification, retaining structures, soil and rock engineering and ground improvement.
- Previous project management expertise, including oversight of resource allocation, budgeting, and timeline.
- Proven ability to write reports and a history of generating accurate work.
- Capacity to interact and connect with clients.
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.