Key Operative - Grounds Maintenance
Up to £23,000 per annum (Permanent)
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
About the Company
This business are 'leaders in the field' with a comprehensive portfolio of ecological contracting, grounds maintenance and landscape design services. Due to continuous growth they require a Key Operative whom will be responsible for Grounds Maintenance.
About the Role
We are seeking a 'hands-on' pragmatic individual with a Grounds Maintenance, Horticultural or Landscaping background. This role is responsible as outlined in respect of customer relationships, delivering projects, leadership and management of both yourself, colleagues and sub-contractors. It is expected that the role will develop and expand in tandem with the business and thus reviews, 'goal setting' and development and improvement will be constant and intrinsically linked.
* Delivering Grounds Maintenance, Horticultural, Agricultural and Landscaping contracts: safely, to specification, to budget, on-time and in-full.
* Leading, managing and developing colleagues.
* Business opportunities.
* Occasional opportunities and travel beyond the South East.
* Delivering multisite operations across a ground's maintenance portfolio.
To be considered for this role you will have prior practical experience in countryside management undertaking agricultural, horticultural or landscaping activities.
To be considered an individual must have:
* A 'full' and 'clean' driving licence.
* A towing licence (B & E).
* PA1 - PA6 spraying tickets.
The following experience/qualifications are considered desirable:
* CSCS / SMSTS.
* First Aid.
* Strimmer's / Brush cutters.
* Ride-on Mowers.
* Tractor mowing - flail.
* Weed control.
* Hedge Maintenance.
* Border Maintenance.
* tractor Driving and Three-Point Linkage PTO Attachments
* The individual must be suitable for working on sensitive sites as required and thus have a 'clean' unhindered return on a DBS check undertaken by Twig.
The role is ideal for an individual seeking to further their career in the rural economy with extensive personal development opportunities. The role will pay in-line with skills, experience, and ambition, with a view of attracting the right individual, circa £23+/- K and bonus, including 22 days holidays per year, pension, and health insurance benefits.