£40,000 - £45,000 (Permanent)
£40k - £45k, Benefits Included
Edinburgh (Hybrid Working)
Our client is currently looking to hire a Geotechnical Engineer with digital skills to join the Ground Engineering and Tunnelling Team and contribute to exploring new technology and developing multi-disciplinary tools within the field of Geotechnics. This opportunity is based in Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning and applying the latest technology, have experience in developing tools to solve engineering problems, and work in a diverse team to experiment and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Work within the GE&T Digital team to drive the development of practical and applicable solutions to design challenges across a range of sectors.
- Take ideas through to minimum viable product (MVP) using the SCRUM framework, launching features and components regularly to ensure fast delivery and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement to capture user stories and report feedback.
- Contribute to the longer-term vision of the practice’s digital and design transformation.
- Provide technical expertise directly to design teams where appropriate.
- Engage with relevant networks and teams to share knowledge and build relationships internally and externally.
Compulsory skills & Experience:
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Status.
- Strong programming experience.
- Experience working within a Ground Engineering Team.
- Good working knowledge of multi-disciplinary project processes and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience with data-driven experience in a professional setting.
Preferable skills and experiences:
- Experience in developing and utilising Git repo platforms (i.e. Microsoft DevOps) and cloud platforms (i.e. Microsoft Azure).
- -Knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following is beneficial but not compulsory - Civil3D and Dynamo, Geotechnical Design, Managing Geotechnical data throughout an Asset’s Lifecycle.
- Demonstrable passion for staying one step ahead of the competition, testing and experimenting with new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and within teams comprising a range of discipline specialists and delivery teams.
- Quick learner providing the ability to adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Good communication and influencing skills with the ability to bring people together around a shared objective.
- Ambition to challenge existing processes and to drive change using technology.
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.