Lead Estimator (Glasgow)
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum + + £6k Car Allowance (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting is working with a substantial civils contractor who are looking for a Lead Estimator to join their team in Scotland.
This contractor undertakes a plethora of projects across a range of sectors and have established themselves by successfully delivering an impressive portfolio of works in their 50 year plus existence. They have been involved in some of the UK's most exciting projects.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated in either a Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying discipline and have at least 5 years estimating experience. In addition to this, our client is looking for someone who has had project exposure to some of the following:
* RC Frames/Structures
* Drainage, piling
In addition to this, it is important you can also demonstrate the following:
* Ability to work to often tight deadlines
* Manage a very busy workload of incoming tenders and bids
* Ability to manage a team and distribute work effectively
* Able to communicate effectively and confidently with clients, all members of staff and sub-contractors amongst others
* Experience of standard measurement methods preferably SMM7 and NRM2
This is a busy and varied role and will require a candidate to be attentive, well focused and able to work with a good level of autonomy and also manage and lead a team of others. In addition to this some of the responsibilities that will be involved are as follows:
* Manage the tender process in depth to ensure that all incoming works are analysed to pinpoint any cost savings or associated risks
* Review contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and any amendments required
* Attend and contribute to pre-construction and risk assessment meetings and perform relevant analysis
* Pull together and present relevant cost information.
* Recommend cost saving measures during proposal stage.
On offer for this role is a salary in the region of £70k (DoE) and a car allowance of £6k plus a 6% pension, private healthcare plan for you and your family and 34 days annual leave entitlement (inclusive of public holidays).