Director of Structures
£80,000 - £100,000 per annum + car and health (Permanent)
Structural Director level positions are few and far between. If you are waiting for an opportunity to take charge of your own Structural Engineering office, then this is the ideal role.
Our client, a Tier 1 multi disciplinary consultancy, are globally recognised as a leader in Structural Engineering.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Structural Director engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, team development, work winning and client management.
You will be responsible for the continued expansion of the Manchester office by retaining existing clients, developing new opportunities and recruiting the best Engineers in the North to deliver on an ever expanding portfolio.
* Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures
* Current experience of leading and managing structural engineering design projects
* Wide ranging experience in Building Structures across a number of market sectors, in particular a proven ability to establish structural design concepts and deliverable design schemes
* Coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to act as technical lead for a team of Structural Engineers
* A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices
* Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation
* Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients
* An established network of contacts with clients, professional practices and contractors in the region.
* A good appreciation of the construction property market and the drivers for growth in the Region
* Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services and in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants
* Experience of leading and managing complex design projects ranging from £10m to £300m in construction value
* Degree qualified
* Chartered Engineer (CEng), Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
You are likely operating as an Associate/Technical Director at present. Or perhaps already at Director level looking for new challenge.
* Salary £80,000 - £100,000
* Company car/car allowance
* Private healthcare (family cover inc)
We appreciate the sensitive nature of applying to senior positions. Please rest assured your CV will NOT be sent to our client without disclosing full details to you and obtaining your consent.
This is a rare opportunity to join a premium consulting engineer in a senior role. Please do not delay your application as we anticipate the interest in this position to be competitive.