Project Design Manager
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum (Permanent)
Our client is a successful construction firm who currently have an exciting opportunity a Project Design Manager to join the team at their London office on a full time permanent basis. This role has the added benefit of offering blended working with a combination of on site, office and home working.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and driven individual who will be capable of leading and managing a team, whilst heading up projects and focusing on successful project delivery.
* Contributing to the review and selection process of the consultant and sub-contractor teams,
* Managing the design, design procurement and development process in consideration of health & safety, programme, cost, sustainability and quality requirements,
* Monitoring, reviewing, managing and reporting on the "buildability" of the design proposals in line with the agreed construction, consultant design programmes and cost plan,
* Managing, monitoring, tracking and reporting on compliance / derogations with the Employer's Requirements and obtain associated design approvals,
* Managing, monitoring, tracking and report on change control,
* Encourage innovation and engineering that adds value,
* Manage, monitor, track and report on Information Required and Request for Information Schedules,
* Manage and track and record compliance with statutory bodies in relation to planning consent and Building Regulations compliance,
* Manage and track and record compliance with technical legislation, standards codes of practice and industry good practice.
* A technical design background and a minimum a 7-years' experience in a Design Management role on projects that include civils and infrastructure scope,
* Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the design process and design and design validation workflows,
* Proven capability in client reporting and liaison,
* Experience working in a site-based role,
* Has effectively adopted BIM as a collaborative tool,
* Has sufficient topical awareness to facilitate a positive contribution to Careys health and safety, quality and sustainability targets,
* Proven experience administering processes to demonstrate compliance with the CDM 2015 Regulations.
Our client is offering the Project Design Manager a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details and a confidential chat.