£25,000 - £35,000 per annum (Permanent)
Have recent events found you considering a new and exciting opportunity? Would you welcome the chance to find a role you can make your own?
If so, then this could be the role for you.
Our clients engineering team are looking for a Civil Engineer to join them in their office which is situated in Dover. The successful candidate will be expected to assist the team leader in delivering large to medium multi-disciplinary projects from inception to completion.
With this opportunity you will help to deliver projects as part of a highly-collaborative team and enjoy a happy work-life balance where flexibility is encouraged and supported by senior management.
Responsibilities: vils & Structures Manager
Team Leader -Civils & Structures
* To prepare designs, contract documents, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments
* To act, when required, as Project Manager or Employer's Agent in accordance with appropriate Conditions of Contract.
* To act in the capacity of Principal Designer when appointed by the General Manager, Engineering,
* To assess Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment,
* To act, when required, as Project Manager or Employer's Agent in agreeing interim certificates for payment, final accounts and claims resolution on engineering projects,
* To liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the Board's behalf
* To manage the activities of the board's inspecting staff to ensure contractual compliance with the specifications, drawings risk and environmental assessments.
* To ensure that site records are maintained to enable works to be measured and evaluated with the assistance of inspecting staff and/or others,
* To furnish reports, regularly for financial and progress reports on contract works, and as required for the Team Leader,
* To design and prepare specifications and drawings for maintenance work and items of new work to be carried out by the Board's Engineering Division as required.
* A degree in Civil Engineering,
* A Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers or equivalent,
* A minimum of 4 years' post graduate experience,
* A proven track record of responsibility from the construction phase of civil engineering projects,
* A proven track record of the project management of civil engineering projects,
* Experienced in the use of AutoCad,
* A good communicator with the ability to manage their own workload.
On offer for the Civil Engineer:
* A starting salary of up to £37,000 per annum DOE,
* Generous contributory pension scheme,
* Discretionary bonus scheme,
* Private healthcare,
* An engaging variety of work on an array of structural forms and materials.
The successful candidate will be given support from a highly professional team and full training and development programmes are available to match individual needs and aspirations.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for then please send your CV to Graham Ventham.