Principal Civil Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum (Permanent)
Principal Civil Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Principal/Senior Civil Engineer to join a leading firm who make a conscious effort to provide first-class civil design on a variety of project.
The skilled Principal/Senior Civil Engineer will join their Winchester office and will play a key role in all aspects of the civil engineering design process from pre-planning and conceptual design through to the production of as-built drawings.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge on a range of civil engineering design projects, knowledge of procurement and project management whilst working alongside clients and providing multi-disciplinary services.
* Produce highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
* Produce Flood Risk Assessments (FRA's), Drainage Strategies, Nutrient Mitigation and other Pre-Planning advice
* Provide day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
* Prepare client / project proposals
* Supervise CAD Technicians
* Workiclosely with other disciplines on Multi-discipline projects
* Represent the company at external meetings with clients, contractors and fellow professionals
* Deliver work to a fee agreed with the Team Manager/Associate
* Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
* Assist in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
* Construct project teams from internal and external resources.
* Procure project resources
* Experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
* Good understanding of section 38, 278 (Highways Act) and section 104, 106 and 185 (Water industry Act) agreements beneficial
* An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2
* Competent user of Windes Microdrainage / Infodrainage
* Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and in particular Civil 3D - desirable
* Experience with designing a wide range of projects from conception through to completion (including calculations, drawings and specifications)
* Ability to distribute tasks and manage output of junior / technical staff
* Competent in the design of external works for private sites including vertical and horizontal setting out in accordance with the Building Regulations, British Standards and local authority requirements
* Familiarity with Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its application within civil engineering
* Familiar with drainage design, SUDS, highways, cut and fill analysis
* Be proficient at design and happy to participate in productive work
* Educated to degree level and ideally Chartered or near chartered civil engineer
* You will have the technical skills, knowledge and experience to find creative solutions for even the most complex challenges and the ability to communicate these clearly to all parties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable firm who currently hold some of the most notable design projects. To apply, please send your up to date CV to Jamie Creed at Conrad Consulting