Trainer - Timber Frame / Carpentry
Up to £35,000 per annum + Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Trainer to join an establish Timber Frame / Construction specialist in Norwich.
This established company has gone from strength to strength since being founded and has grown to having a very established work force with further plans for growth in place. Due to their continued success and expanding business they are now seeking to employ a hands-on workshop Trainer to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with solid carpentry, timber frame and training experience who has an interest in helping develop new team members in new residential build technology.
* Set up and run training for unskilled and skilled carpenters who attend theTraining Academy to learn the specialist products they produce
* Deliver in-house hands-on training and conduct regular review and offer detailed advice on site visits to individual customers to assist in delivering their tailored projects
* Responsible for training new hires on the factory floor, undertaking regular reviews of trainee performance and identifying additional training needs
* Providing feedback that is timely, constructive and supports the learner's future development
* To develop and produce a variety of material which will assist students in the learning process
* Create and provide a safe working environment, ensuring safety rules are always followed
* To monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of learning programmes, sessions and own practice
* To undertake such other duties as may be assigned commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Solid carpentry and site experience; industry specific and up-to-date commercial experience that demonstrates your significant expertise in the timber frame industry
* Have recent experience of working in an educational/learning environment with a proven track record of being able to provide effective and efficient learning opportunities for people undertaking carpentry, and related skills
* Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels, employer representatives and apprentices
* Be fully committed to working with people with no prior construction experience
* Flexibility and responsiveness to working hours, patterns and arrangements
* A clean full driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential
* Computer literate, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel to enable you to undertake course administration
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Trainer with Carpentry experience who is looking to use their experience in an exciting way and join a growing business which over time will offer a great chance to progress and develop further.
For more information on this role please send an up to date CV to Stuart at Conrad