£32,000 - £36,000 per annum (Permanent)
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced, multi-disciplined Mechanical or Electrical Authorised Person to join a major FM company operating within the MoD environment based in and around the Lincolnshire area.
You will be required to ensure the requirements of JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within your area of responsibility. Develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders in order to deliver mutually satisfactory solutions / outcomes. Provide support to customers and site teams by applying technical understanding of required activities, with minimal supervision.
You must have proven experience as an Authorised Person in either Electrical HV/LV, Mechanical Boilers & Pressure Systems or Petroleum.
Authorised Person Technical Responsibilities
* Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional Works, planned and response maintenance
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within remit are observe the requirements of JSP375
* Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly
* Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work
* Provide professional and technical support and advice to the Client site team, Supply Chain, client and end users
* Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Additional Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards
* Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required
* Reduce the number of corrective actions raised and close existing actions within agreed timescales
* Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within remit area, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken
* Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets
* To oversee ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes
Authorised Person Specific Requirements
* To implement, administer & monitor the application of Defence Estates JSP 375
* Ensure, so far as reasonable & practicable that all personnel observe & comply with relevant chapters of JSP 375
* Issue & cancel safety documentation in accordance with relevant chapter of JSP 375
* Evaluate, review & appoint Skilled Persons
* Maintain Register of Skilled Persons including records of training & areas of responsibilities
* To participate in an On-Call System for areas under your control
* Periodically examine maintenance records to ensure that necessary work has been undertaken
* Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
* Experience of supervising site operations, including:
* HND level qualification in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
* Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375, including: Emergency First Aid and Fire Safety
* Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
* Continuing Professional Development
* Significant practical management in Safe Systems of Work including: Experience of operating in an MOD environment, Working knowledge of CDM regulations and Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, Energy Performance, Sustainability etc.
* NEC3 contract requirements
If you have demonstrable experience operating as an Authorised Person and have the relevant accreditation to support this then apply now!
For more details call Joey on 0113 457 0088.