Principal/Associate Transport Planner
£47,000 - £55,000 per annum (Permanent)
Greater Manchester, North West
PRINCIPAL/Associate TRANSPORT PLANNER
£47,000 - £55,000 per annum + plus benefits (Permanent)
A company are looking for a Principal transport planner who will have the opportunity to play a key role in the developing team by using their technical expertise and experience. In return you will have an attractive salary and benefits package, will be able to develop your technical and project management skills and grow your career as they expand.
As a member of the transport planning team, you will be integrated within a range of transport planning projects and assisting in driving these projects to successful delivery. You will be a key addition to the team, contributing to the continued development of the company and the ongoing growth of the transport planning business in across the UK.
You will be involved in the following role responsibilities:
* Business development, preparing fee estimates and winning new project work.
* Effective planning of projects and staff, assuming day to day control, assigning tasks and giving advice and guidance as appropriate.
* Undertaking and ensuring work is delivered to a good professional standard within required budget and timescales.
* Assisting in the hiring, integration, mentoring and guidance of staff for the benefit of the team.
* Liaison and negotiation with client, project team and planning and highways officers.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Working knowledge of:
* Microsoft Office and Excel.
* Department for Transport Standards (e.g., DMRB, MfS, etc).
* Transport sections of Government and Regional policy documents (e.g., NPPG, NPPF, the London Plan, etc.).
* Industry related guidance, manuals, etc.
* Developer Contributions and Highways Agreements (e.g., S106, S278, S38, S184, etc.)
* Company QA procedures and Best Practice
* Numerate & Computer literate.
* Project management with ability to delegate.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent professional and problem-solving skills.
* Business development and ability to assist with obtaining new projects.
* Good professional and problem-solving skills.
* Motivating staff and training staff.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send an updated CV to Andrew Sparks or call on 02038542961.