Associate Geotechnical Engineer
£60,000 - £70,000 (Permanent)
Title: Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
I am currently working alongside one of our long-standing clients who is currently in the process of growing their Engineering design team and is thus looking to bring in an Associate Geotechnical Engineer to oversee the growth of this unit. The selected candidate will assume a pivotal role, leveraging their geotechnical expertise to bolster our diverse project portfolio. This position presents an exceptional opportunity for professional advancement and personal development within a forward-thinking and collaborative work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree (BSc or BEng) in Geology or Engineering, coupled with a postgraduate qualification in a related field (Meng, MSc, etc.).
- Possessing a chartered recognition (CEng) from a relevant institution.
- Considerable experience in operating within the Geotechnical and Engineering domain.
- Conduct geotechnical investigations, site assessments, and soil testing to gather essential data for project design and evaluation.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of geotechnical data to provide recommendations for foundation design, slope stability, earthwork, and other geotechnical aspects.
- Collaborate with senior geotechnical engineers and other team members to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for engineering challenges.
- Advanced technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports, design documents, and technical specifications in compliance with industry standards and client requirements.
- Support project managers in the planning and execution of geotechnical projects, including budgeting, scheduling, and quality control.
- Conduct field inspections and site visits to monitor construction activities and ensure compliance with geotechnical design and specifications.
- Communicate effectively with clients, project stakeholders, and regulatory agencies to address technical concerns and project progress.
- 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Buy & Sell holiday scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- Flexible working
- Health Insurance
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.