£26,000 - £30,000 per annum (Permanent)
Conrad Consulting is looking for an experienced Material Controller to join one of our clients, a major residential house builder.
Our client has a demonstrated history of delivering high quality homes across the UK and due to the continued success of their business in Scotland, are looking to recruit a Material Controller to oversee the safe and efficient flow of materials on site.
The Material Controller is an integral part of the site team and is pivotal to the smooth and successful running of all operational activity on site.
The main responsibility for the successful candidate will be to oversee the delivery, call off, storage and allocation of all materials on the development and ensuring that this is undertaken in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that materials remain undamaged and unnecessary costs are avoided.
You will also be expected to open the site every morning and securely lock it up every evening and make sure that it is kept in a safe and tidy state.
Other duties include:
* Regular communication with supply chain to ensure materials are delivered timely and as agreed
* Check over all materials delivered to site ensuring quantity and quality are as ordered and dealing directly with suppliers on any shortfalls
* Keep in regular dialogue with the Site manager with regards to all activity on site
* Ensure that show homes and show areas are kept to a high standard
* Making sure all plots are prepared for NHBC site visits
* To make sure that site perimeter is maintained and secure
Our client is looking for someone who has previous experience as a Materials Controller, and this will ideally have been gained with a residential house builder or main contractor.
You will hold up a to date and valid CSCS card and also be First Aid certified.
What's on offer?
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of up to £30k per annum + the choice of a company car or car allowance. You will be enrolled into a pension scheme and receive a company bonus and private medical care. Our client also offers exceptional training and advancement opportunities to allow people to progress their careers.
If this is the role for you then please call me now to discuss this position in more detail.